Dunlop’s new Dragmax is the ultimate DOT legal motorcycle drag racing tire. Made in the same factory on the same machines as the MotoAmerica road race slicks, the Dunlop Dragmax offers unparalleled grip, stability, and consistency through the use of Dunlop’s proprietary compound and manufacturing techniques, such as N-TEC, MGT, JLB, and JLT technologies. The Dunlop Dragmax is destined to become the pinnacle in motorcycle drag racing tire performance for amateurs and professionals alike.
- Size: 190/50ZR17
- Load/Speed Index: (73W)
- Part Number: 45246215
- Applicable Rims: 5.50, 6.00
- Overall Diameter: 24.92″
- Overall Width: 7.56″
- Full Tread Depth: 5/32
- Maximum Load at PSI: 805 at 42
* Optimum inflation pressure varies from track to track, depending upon surface conditions and machine type and size. A good starting point to adjust (typically up) from is 11 PSI.
- Flat profile gives the tire a massive footprint
- Dunlop also made the Dragmax as light as possible to minimize unsprung and rotational weight/mass by reducing the tire’s tread gauge
- Brand new extremely soft compound to meet the demanding requirements for all drag racing courses and conditions
- Aggressive tread pattern that is at the absolute minimum limit to meet the DOT requirement
- N-TEC construction combines the benefits of compliant cut-breaker construction with stiffer, continuously wound aramid-fiber, and Jointless Band (JLB) and Jointless Tread (JLT) construction for maximum stability, feel, and consistency
- The combination of the Dragmax’s extremely flat profile, ultra-soft compound, and construction technology creates the ultimate drag racing performance package that Dunlop has dubbed Maximum Grip Technology (MGT)
- Made in the U.S.A
The timing could not have been better for Dunlop to build the Dragmax. With very limited options of a DOT approved sportbike tire that was capable of handling the demands of the Pro Street Bike class motorcycles, where horsepower and speeds have increased to remarkable levels in recent years, racers were in desperate need of a tire. Dunlop saw the need and challenge of building a tire with these capabilities, so they accepted the challenge and decided to focus their efforts and resources on building a tire that could put the horsepower of these motorcycles to the ground.To remain consistent with the market’s need for a tire and to make sure racers did not have to change rim sizes or their setups, Dunlop developed the Dragmax in a 190/50ZR17, the most popular size being used on serious drag racers Metric and V-Twin motorcycles.The Dragmax is a radial tire that utilizes Dunlop’s exclusive N-TEC technology, which combines the benefits of compliant cut-breaker construction with stiffer, continuously wound aramid-fiber, and Jointless Band (JLB) and Jointless Tread (JLT) construction for maximum grip, consistent launches, and stability going down the track. This construction allows racers to run low pressures, increasing the tire’s footprint for maximum traction.To aid in providing maximum grip for high horsepower machines, Dunlop developed a brand new, ultra-soft compound specifically for drag racing purposes. This new compound is actually the softest street compound Dunlop has ever produced in its Buffalo, NY plant.A new profile, specifically designed for drag racing, was developed to provide a much wider and flatter footprint than a typical hypersport tire to be able to handle the demands of the most powerful Pro Street class motorcycles.
The tire’s construction minimizes centrifugal growth to keep that footprint as consistent as possible, which also reduces the risk of de-beading.As another added benefit to your motorcycles overall performance, Dunlop made the Dragmax as light as possible (without sacrificing stability) to minimize unsprung and rotational weight/mass by reducing the tire’s tread gauge. Having a thinner tread gauge not only reduces the tire’s weight (the Dragmax weighs nearly 1 lb. less than its closest competitor), which improves your motorcycles performance and handling, it also helps lessen blistering and chunking when the tires experience extreme temperatures.The combination of the Dragmax’s extremely flat profile, ultra-soft compound, and N-Tec construction creates the ultimate performance package specific to drag racing that Dunlop has dubbed Maximum Grip Technology (MGT). The performance advantages of MGT will be noticed from the moment the riders leave the line and then all the way down the track until they pass through the traps